CINS465 - Web Development Fundamentals
Assignment 3 Django Getting Started
Simple assignment getting started with templates and static files.
In this assignment your website needs to do the following:
- Display "CINS465 Hello World" via template
- This should now be done via a template variable, if statically defined in your template you will not get credit.
- Use CSS or JS to stylize page
- I recommend using Foundations 6
- Host/Use static files embedded in your template
- Be submitted to GitHub correctly
- You should be able to view the site on your local machine at http://localhost:8000/. For more information on setting up routes in Django, please see the documentation
Submitting Assignment 3
The code should be submitted to your CINS465 on a branch named assignment3, make sure your case is identical for your branch or I may not find/grade your submission. To do this you can do the following in your repo directory, it assumes you want to add all the code in the directory:
git checkout -b assignment3 #create branch and switch to it
git add -A #add all
git commit -m "Assignment 3 Submission" #Commit changes to branch
git push --set-upstream origin assignment3 #Push code up to assignment3 branch on remote
You should have your code setup such that when cloned in your folder it can be run directly via python manage runserver. If you chose to you can containerize your code via docker. If you choose to do this you should have either a docker-compose.yml in your root directory for me to launch your project or a Dockerfile in your root directory I can build a container from.