CINS465 - Web Development Fundamentals
- Google Drive Shared Folder - Shared folder of lecture slides, and other materials.
- Django - Django is the python based web framework we will be using for this class.
- Python - Django is a python based web framework so learning python will be required. We will be using Python 3.6+ for this class.
- Git Basics Video - Basic tutorial on using git for version control I recorded Spring 2020
- Learn Git Branching - Excellent web tutorial working through a variety of use cases for git including using branches.
- GitHub - Version Control & Open Source Code Repository (Education Accounts are Free)
- GitLab - Version Control with baked in CI/CD (Unlimited private/public repos for all)
- BitBucket - Version Control Host for GIT or MERCURIAL (Education Accounts are Free)
- GitKraken - An awesome multi platform GIT GUI; however, if you don't know how to use git in the command line you should learn that before using a GUI of any kind or you will run into problems.
- Atom - An awesome multi platform text editor that will likely be one of the editors I will be using for most of the development during class.
- PyCharm - PyCharm is a powerful Python & Django IDE from jetbrains. As a student you can get access to the professional version for free via the link provided here. I'll likely be using this or Atom for development during class (both have pros/cons).
- Ubuntu - Distro of Linux I'll personally be using.
- Dev Docs - Searchable documentation of many popular languages. Includes C documentation, which is what we'll be using primarily in this course. But great resource for all of you long term.
- How the web works - Article on how the web works: HTTP and CGI explained, which might be useful for understanding the handshaking/communication between client/server in web. Especially important if you are going to do any JS based client side programming. We'll barely scratch the surface on this so this might be useful for extra information.
- General Academic Email Etiquette - I'm fine with you calling me by my first name, but if you are going to use a salutation, make sure it's a correct one.
- Moodle - We will be using the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) this semester. The enrollment key was given out in lecture, email me if you missed the first lecture and didn't get the enrollment key for Moodle.
- Piazza - The discussion board site we will be using for this semester. I'll be posting announcements here. This is also where you should ask your generic, non-code specific questions.